With Easter a distant memory there are some bargains to be had in the large supermarkets with chocolate bunnies and eggs being practically given away. Or maybe you hoarded them like toilet paper and are struggling to get shot of them? Either way, I have a solution for you with a very yummy chocolate mousse desert recipe using «Aquafaba,» the fluid from tins of chick peas.
What is aquafaba anways? Well, aquafaba is the water that chickpeas have been cooked in and is now used extensively in vegan cooking as a substitute for eggs. Fortunately it is readily available as tinned chickpeas are packaged with aquafaba.
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas. 2 Approx 150g dark chocolate. If you want to make this fully vegan go for vegan chocolate. 1/2 teaspoon backing powder.
1. Place a tin of chickpeas in the fridge and allow to cool for several hours. This is important as the aquafaba needs to be cold. Alternatively you can remove the aquafaba from the can and allow to cool in the fridge. Less likely to get spilt in a can though.
2. Remove the packaging from your chocolate bunnies.(it works better when the bunnies are naked.)
3. Gently melt the chocolate. This is best done by placing a heat proof bowl over a pan with some gently boiling water. Think happy thoughts as your Easter bunny meets its maker.
4. Once the chocolate has melted leave it to cool naturally for twenty minutes.
5. After the chocolate has cooled for twenty minutes remove the aquafaba from the fridge and place in a large bowl. Add the baking powder and whisk (with an electric whisk. A hand whisk will take you hours.) until it becomes a smooth foam. It normally takes five to seven minutes.
6. Gently fold the melted chocolate into the aquafaba foam. IMPORTANT: Don’t stir to hard or too fast as it will cause the precious foam to collapse. Slow and steady folding is the best way.
7. Once the chocoloate has been folded in, place the mousse in the fridge for at least three hours.
8. Raise a glass to the Easter bunnies that made the ultimate sacrifice as you enjoy a delicious, fluffy chocolate mousse.
With all the hot weather we’ve been having it’s great to get out on the water and enjoy the lake. Temperatures are often noticeable lower when you leave the shore so it provides some respite from the sweltering heat of the city. But
2. Meatloaf? No, It's Fleischkäse.
What is «Fleischkäse»? If you translate directly you get a distinctly unappetising sounding «meat cheese» but the closest you can get in English is meat loaf which doesn’t really do it justice. The best thing to is give it a try and
3. Openair Cinemas
What kind of summer would it be without visiting an open air cinema? I can tell you, a bloody awful one. So I have compiled a list of locations where you can enjoy a movie under the stars.
26th June - 11th July Bloom
1. Urban Signs Photo Trip
Take part in Ron's Urban Signs Photo trip. If you come across any unusual signs, shop windows, adverts or street art in your world travels, take a picture and upload it to the website. Limit yourself to your very best shots from where
2. Nature Photography
Images far from urban life
3. Pictures around the world
Show me your favorite pictures from the world, do not forget to mark them on the map!
1. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
2. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky
3. Ooki: All the way from Tokyo
Whenever a new Japanese restaurant opens somewhere, you can be sure that I’m not far behind. This new locale is called Ooki and serves gyoza, ramen, tempura, udon, Japanese curries and sake. The interior is very authentic, the
Hi, We are based in Oberhasli, Zurich, and are looking for somebody to sit a few hours with our cat. We are away between Thursday 14/04 and Monday 19/04, and don't want him to get lonely. If you would like to pay our cat company while reading a book, doing your home office, or would like to stay overnight, we and Ninja would be very happy. Price negotiable, email me [email protected], and help on only some days would be sufficient, since we will have somebody come and feed him daily anyways.