The talk of the world right now is vaccines and if you would like to be vaccinated against Covid now is the time to register with the Zurich authorities. Registration is completed via their hilariously named «VacMe» website. Now, the whole website is in German so (if you are unsure,) i have created a walkthrough of the process.
1. Log onto zh.vacme.ch. Be aware that each Kanton has its own website so make sure you are logging onto the correct one. It looks like this…
2. After you have logged in you will have to choose between three options marked Rot, Orange and Grün. Your choice will depend on your answers to a quiz which can be seen here. The options are as follows:
Rot: You are under sixteen, Allergic to a component of the vaccine (polyethylene glycol), are currently experiencing symptoms or are in quarantine.
Orange: You are pregnant or possible pregnant or a nursing mother. You have had allergies with severe reactions or are suffering have severe immuneosupression. If you tick this box you may register but taking doctors advice is necessary.
Grün: You are over 16, not suffering symptoms or have not been in quarantine or suffering from Covid for three months.
3. After this there is a relatively simple form you need to fill in for registration. You will require your e-mail, and the registration is confirmed via sms so keep your phone to hand. You will also require the 20 digit number on your health insurance, (krankenkasse,) card so, again, make sure you have this information to hand.
4. There are also a couple of questions to answer which pertain to how many people you live with and circumstances surrounding your work. These are mainly to do with whether you work in groups or with vulnerable people. If you are unsure, write the text into a translator to double check.
5. After you hit submit you will receive your group, (assigned with a letter,) and a pdf with a QR code which i strongly recommend you download or print.
Yay, you’re all done. All you’ve got to do is wait for your group to be called and after two little pricks you’re all vac-ed up. Let’s hope this works or we really are vac-ed up!
You didn't manage to get your dream flat? Don't worry, ask Ron. I'm sure these tips will help you to secure a flat of your dreams.
1. How to deal with the agency
Most flats are rented out through an agency. Some are very
2. Back To The Polls...Again.
So…this weekend will see yet another popular vote with Covid once again providing the issue and plenty of controversy. There are also some pretty important local issues that need to be ironed out which will affect the cities road users.
3. Gotta Matcha?
Ok, admittedly, the chocolate cake i wrote about a few weeks ago was rather rich and decadent. So this week i have come up with a healthier, but no less tasty dessert alternative. A super creamy cheesecake that doesn't need to be
1. Erfahrung mit Forex Trading
In letzter Zeit interessiere ich mich für Forex Trading. Ich würde gerne wissen, ob es möglich ist, etwas Geld damit zu verdienen, oder ist alles Abzocke?
2. Pictures around the world
Show me your favorite pictures from the world, do not forget to mark them on the map!
3. Nature Photography
Images far from urban life
1. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
2. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky
3. Ooki: All the way from Tokyo
Whenever a new Japanese restaurant opens somewhere, you can be sure that I’m not far behind. This new locale is called Ooki and serves gyoza, ramen, tempura, udon, Japanese curries and sake. The interior is very authentic, the
I've just been refused entry to a cafe in Zurich because their Vaccine app doesn't recognise my UK vaccination certificate.
The owners of the app tell me there are no plans to fix this.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone have any suggestions?