The talk of the world right now is vaccines and if you would like to be vaccinated against Covid now is the time to register with the Zurich authorities. Registration is completed via their hilariously named «VacMe» website. Now, the whole website is in German so (if you are unsure,) i have created a walkthrough of the process.
1. Log onto zh.vacme.ch. Be aware that each Kanton has its own website so make sure you are logging onto the correct one. It looks like this…
2. After you have logged in you will have to choose between three options marked Rot, Orange and Grün. Your choice will depend on your answers to a quiz which can be seen here. The options are as follows:
Rot: You are under sixteen, Allergic to a component of the vaccine (polyethylene glycol), are currently experiencing symptoms or are in quarantine.
Orange: You are pregnant or possible pregnant or a nursing mother. You have had allergies with severe reactions or are suffering have severe immuneosupression. If you tick this box you may register but taking doctors advice is necessary.
Grün: You are over 16, not suffering symptoms or have not been in quarantine or suffering from Covid for three months.
3. After this there is a relatively simple form you need to fill in for registration. You will require your e-mail, and the registration is confirmed via sms so keep your phone to hand. You will also require the 20 digit number on your health insurance, (krankenkasse,) card so, again, make sure you have this information to hand.
4. There are also a couple of questions to answer which pertain to how many people you live with and circumstances surrounding your work. These are mainly to do with whether you work in groups or with vulnerable people. If you are unsure, write the text into a translator to double check.
5. After you hit submit you will receive your group, (assigned with a letter,) and a pdf with a QR code which i strongly recommend you download or print.
Yay, you’re all done. All you’ve got to do is wait for your group to be called and after two little pricks you’re all vac-ed up. Let’s hope this works or we really are vac-ed up!
Switzerland is full of surprises but if you have travelled to the Ticino by car the «perm-a-jam» at the Gotthard tunnel will not be one. Recently, in an attempt to avoid it i travelled along the Rhône valley which runs between
2. Farm Shopping In The City
Buying produce direct from the farmer or shortening supply lines sounds like a great idea but when there is a, (Insert supermarket chain here,) next door it’s easy to head there rather than head out into the countryside. Thankfully a
3. Tips: How to find your dream flat
You didn't manage to get your dream flat? Don't worry, ask Ron. I'm sure these tips will help you to secure a flat of your dreams.
1. How to deal with the agency
Most flats are rented out through an agency. Some are very
1. World in Pictures
Isn`t it funny...
Ein paar Zeilen eingängiger Text.
Viele Worte. Einfach so.
Für die Übrigen. Ja. Sofort.
Mach mit mir Sport. Spot. Einen Spot. Keinen Werbe, nein. Einen echten.
2. Urban Signs Photo Trip
Take part in Ron's Urban Signs Photo trip. If you come across any unusual signs, shop windows, adverts or street art in your world travels, take a picture and upload it to the website. Limit yourself to your very best shots from where
3. Nature Photography
Images far from urban life
1. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
2. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky
3. Ooki: All the way from Tokyo
Whenever a new Japanese restaurant opens somewhere, you can be sure that I’m not far behind. This new locale is called Ooki and serves gyoza, ramen, tempura, udon, Japanese curries and sake. The interior is very authentic, the
Hi, We are based in Oberhasli, Zurich, and are looking for somebody to sit a few hours with our cat. We are away between Thursday 14/04 and Monday 19/04, and don't want him to get lonely. If you would like to pay our cat company while reading a book, doing your home office, or would like to stay overnight, we and Ninja would be very happy. Price negotiable, email me [email protected], and help on only some days would be sufficient, since we will have somebody come and feed him daily anyways.