9 important things you need to know about the new POPUP
"Hmmm, if only there was a way to let lots of people in the city know what i’m doing. If only there was a way i could just popup, right in front of them, and say hello. If only…"
1. What is POPUP and where do I find it? POPUP is the name of the city network on ronorp.net. This is where the city comes together. People network, share information, advertise, develop projects, create, discuss…Ron Orp is the city and the city is waiting for you! POPUP on Ron Orp and let the city see you.
2. Does it cost anything to be part of POPUP? A basic POPUP profile is free. There is a cost if you want to upgrade and receive additional features and benefits.
3. What will POPUP do for me? You can promote yourself in the city. With your business, products, sound, style, shop, group, project... You can bring something new to the city. News, events, offers, topics… You become part of the city. People will find you on POPUP.
4. Is there a need for yet another social network? POPUP is your voice in the city. It’s focus on the city is one of it’s strength. Facebook connects you with your friends, LinkedIn with business and POPUP with the city. We all live in the same city. Why not let people know you’re here too?
5. I am an events organiser or local business owner. Is POPUP of interest for me? It’s as if POPUP were made for you! Not only will POPUP give you a city profile that will promote your social media, website, e-shop, products and events but will also give you extra promotional opportunities via the Ron Orp Newsletter and website.
6. I am a designer, musician, creative. Is there anything of interest for me? Oh yes. You can bring your sound, art, ideas to the city, whether it’s your music on SoundCloud or Spotify or more visually on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram. Everything is ready for you.
7. Can I have more than one profile? Yes, of course. For every profile you can choose whether you appear under your nickname, your name, your group or your company.
8. I’m just a normal child of the city. Why should I get myself known in the city? Because we’re all doing things, providing things, helping and moving around the city in parallel. Some of us want to tell the city what we’re doing, others just want to know what’s happening. POPUP is for all of us. Together we are the city! And together the city comes alive!
9. POPUP sounds great but how do i find out more? If you subscribe to ronorp.net you already have a basic POPUP profile and can start using it today for free. If you would like to upgrade your POPUP profile to receive all the additional benefits or find out more about them, please contact [email protected] for more information.
You didn't manage to get your dream flat? Don't worry, ask Ron. I'm sure these tips will help you to secure a flat of your dreams.
1. How to deal with the agency
Most flats are rented out through an agency. Some are very
2. Don't Worry, There's No Jazz
Switzerland has quite a few festivals but there is only one that can be truly called iconic: The Montreux Jazz Festival . This unique festival has hosted thousands of fantastic artists and even provided the inspiration for the rock
3. Gritty In The City
Yet More Net Zero Following on from the cantonal vote the municipal government wishes to reduce greenhouse emission to «net zero» by 2040. This climate target will need an amendment to the city constitution and therefore requires
1. Urban Signs Photo Trip
Take part in Ron's Urban Signs Photo trip. If you come across any unusual signs, shop windows, adverts or street art in your world travels, take a picture and upload it to the website. Limit yourself to your very best shots from where
2. Pictures around the world
Show me your favorite pictures from the world, do not forget to mark them on the map!
1. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
2. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky
3. Ooki: All the way from Tokyo
Whenever a new Japanese restaurant opens somewhere, you can be sure that I’m not far behind. This new locale is called Ooki and serves gyoza, ramen, tempura, udon, Japanese curries and sake. The interior is very authentic, the
I've just been refused entry to a cafe in Zurich because their Vaccine app doesn't recognise my UK vaccination certificate.
The owners of the app tell me there are no plans to fix this.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone have any suggestions?