You didn't manage to get your dream flat? Don't worry, ask Ron. I'm sure these tips will help you to secure a flat of your dreams.
1. How to deal with the agency
Most flats are rented out through an agency. Some are very nice and some not so much. Well, i cannot change that but what do they want? I talked to one of the large agencies to find out. Here you'll find the interview and all the answers.
In short: Be fast, hand in a complete application. And be fast!
• Comparis searches all large housing platforms and offers a good overview. According to their grading system, you'll also see if you get good value for the money (even though some of the grades are ok, generally you won't really get enough value for the high rents in Zurich, i'm afraid).
• Act as fast as possible: Hand in your application the next day, respond immediately if the agency needs to know anything....
• Include a personal letter, why you love (yes, love!!!) this flat and why you need to live there. Sometimes, this helps. Key words: Long term, quite, clean.
• After you've sent in your application, call them a few days later, if you haven't heard anything, to find out if they have everything they need.
• It's standard today that you have to state references (usually your employer). Let your references know, and also ask them to respond immediately. Like right away. Fast... yes, it's a race to find a flat here.
Piracy has never been much of a vocation in Zurich. The lake is far too small and there is no treasure island. Or is that strictly true? While the lake is too small for an effective Long John Silver or Jack Sparrow, it does contain a
2. You're In Town
Whilst Züri Fäscht is a great event and amazing fun i am aware that many of you Ronsters maybe daunted by the prospect of sharing the city with 2.5 million people. But where to go? The areas around the lake are going to be
3. Balls Of Steel
It’s a classic French scene. A shady, tree lined town square where men in berets smoke Gauloise and play with their shiny silver balls. I’m talking of course about the game of pétanque. Now, i have never played but this
1. Nature Photography
Images far from urban life
2. Zurich Photo Trip
1. A short detour from the kitchen III
It is fun to cook good food and to eat that which you have cooked. Here the daunting part comes afterwards: the piles of dishes and utensils to be washed. To avoid the chore of washing up, one could go eat out. Here the challenge
1. Bagel-Factory Zürich
Buckhauserstrasse 35, 8048 Zürich
2. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
3. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky