Spring is here and the city offers various hidden corners for a quiet snog. Whether classic-romantic or a bit dirty, i've done the difficult research, so you don't have to. Now, pucker up, here my favourite locations:
1. Maison Blunt. Sitting on sofas you're already close. A bit of mint tea for fresh breath, what more do you want?
3. Ice rink Dolder. You help each other to keep warm, and if you want it a bit more stable, lip suction is the perfect method.
4. Rieterpark. The bench, just above the tennis court in the direction of Uetliberg is wonderfully hidden.
5. Saffa-Insel. Not always (especially right now) but always beautiful. My tip: Bring a pic-nic along, don't forget the blanket and find a lovely spot underneath a tree.
6. Bucheggplatz. Bench above Bucheggplatz. Choose the bench with a view into the Limmattal, where the sun sets dark red. Yes, kitsch for sure, but the city view and the smoking chimneys bring a good balance.
7. Ziegel oh Lac. Choose one of the gondolas right at shore next to Rote Fabrik.
8. Si o No. There is one sofa, so be there early. Because if you sit there comfortably while drinking one, two Bloody Marys you'll feel like a royal couple. And the only possible answer will be «Si!».
9. Old Botanical Garden. A nice walk through exotic plants, a short break on one of the benches with a view... works every time.
10. Altstetterwald. Many don't know that forest so it's worth a short trip. A stroll through the forest, taking a break in a clearing and waiting for the right moment.
11. Friedhof Sihlfeld. A cementry might not seem like a good choice for romantic encounters, but Friedhof Sihlfeld is a true oasis within the city with many hidden corners.
12. Polyterrasse. Offers one of the nicest sunsets in the city. And the rest will come naturally.
13. Belvoirpark. Without attracting attention, this park lies just next to Seestrasse. Sit under a tree next to the pond and snog like Alfred Escher never did.
14. Werdinsel. There are many small boats right at the shore. Choose one, sit down, drink something and enjoy the atmosphere.
I've told you before but another warning can't hurt. Fraudsters are active on all housing platforms in Switzerland. Also on my pages. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that all offers are genuine. I do my best to blacklist any i catch but
2. You're In Town
Whilst Züri Fäscht is a great event and amazing fun i am aware that many of you Ronsters maybe daunted by the prospect of sharing the city with 2.5 million people. But where to go? The areas around the lake are going to be
3. Zurich Deserted
Schools out! Friday sees the start of Zurich’s school holidays and whilst weary teachers lunge for the vodka bottle and thousands of filthy urchins flood from the classrooms and into the streets, a strange change takes over the
1. Nature Photography
Images far from urban life
2. Zurich Photo Trip
3. Pictures around the world
Show me your favorite pictures from the world, do not forget to mark them on the map!
1. The best terraces in Zurich: Our Top 6
“Summer is the time when it's too hot to do the job that it was too cold to do last winter.” - Mark Twain
Summer may be coming to an end, but the weather's still good enough to enjoy! During this time of the year you
1. Bagel-Factory Zürich
Buckhauserstrasse 35, 8048 Zürich
2. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
3. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky