Like i've said before, the ice cream at Gelateria Di Berna is heavenly. But the high demand also has its downside. To queue for 45 minutes for two scoops is not everyones idea of a refreshing treat. But maybe you just forgot about the other wonderful alternatives? So here are my favourite ice cream palours in town. And i hear you scream that i scream, we all scream for ice cream. Yeeeeeh!
1. Dieci Gelateria at Niederdorf You probably know Dieci because of their pizza. But they also make a fantastic ice cream. You'll find it at Niederdorf and they have more than just «dieci» flavours to choose from now.
2. Gelati at the lake The ice cream truck at the lake is an institution. Since 20 years it brings a smile to the lips of adulst and kids alike - as well as some ice cream.
3. Sorbetto If you like it light and fruity then take down the address of Sorbetto in Wipkingen. Next to the usual ice cream they also offer 15 flavours of sorbet.
4. Mövenpick at Sechseläutenplatz I'm not spilling a secret, I know. But I cannot deny that Mövenpick ice cream tastes great and used to be the ultimate sweet treat money could buy a child. It's a tad more expensive than its competitors. But a few times per summer (maybe even daily) you deserve to treat yourself.
5. Vegelateria There is also something cold for the vegans. At Sacred at Müllerstrasse you find a large selection of vegan ice cream creations (without cream).
6. Piazza Gelateria am Idaplatz Directly at Idaplatz, Piazza offers a changing range of flavours all summer long. There you can probably get about 5 rounds of ice cream, while your friends stand in line at Gelateria Di Berna just a few meters down the road.
7. Hasta Ice Cream at Niederdorf ***NEW IN TOWN*** I heard it through the grapevine that a new ice cream parlour is taking over Niederdorf. Please visit it and tell me here in the comments how it was.
8. Miss Marshall at El Central El Central's kitchen window doesn't just hand out fiery tacos but also refreshing ice cream including vegan options.
You didn't manage to get your dream flat? Don't worry, ask Ron. I'm sure these tips will help you to secure a flat of your dreams.
1. How to deal with the agency
Most flats are rented out through an agency. Some are very
2. Don't Worry, There's No Jazz
Switzerland has quite a few festivals but there is only one that can be truly called iconic: The Montreux Jazz Festival . This unique festival has hosted thousands of fantastic artists and even provided the inspiration for the rock
3. Gritty In The City
Yet More Net Zero Following on from the cantonal vote the municipal government wishes to reduce greenhouse emission to «net zero» by 2040. This climate target will need an amendment to the city constitution and therefore requires
1. Pictures around the world
Show me your favorite pictures from the world, do not forget to mark them on the map!
2. Urban Signs Photo Trip
Take part in Ron's Urban Signs Photo trip. If you come across any unusual signs, shop windows, adverts or street art in your world travels, take a picture and upload it to the website. Limit yourself to your very best shots from where
1. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
2. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky
3. Ooki: All the way from Tokyo
Whenever a new Japanese restaurant opens somewhere, you can be sure that I’m not far behind. This new locale is called Ooki and serves gyoza, ramen, tempura, udon, Japanese curries and sake. The interior is very authentic, the
I've just been refused entry to a cafe in Zurich because their Vaccine app doesn't recognise my UK vaccination certificate.
The owners of the app tell me there are no plans to fix this.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone have any suggestions?