Like i've said before, the ice cream at Gelateria Di Berna is heavenly. But the high demand also has its downside. To queue for 45 minutes for two scoops is not everyones idea of a refreshing treat. But maybe you just forgot about the other wonderful alternatives? So here are my favourite ice cream palours in town. And i hear you scream that i scream, we all scream for ice cream. Yeeeeeh!
1. Dieci Gelateria at Niederdorf You probably know Dieci because of their pizza. But they also make a fantastic ice cream. You'll find it at Niederdorf and they have more than just «dieci» flavours to choose from now.
2. Gelati at the lake The ice cream truck at the lake is an institution. Since 20 years it brings a smile to the lips of adulst and kids alike - as well as some ice cream.
3. Sorbetto If you like it light and fruity then take down the address of Sorbetto in Wipkingen. Next to the usual ice cream they also offer 15 flavours of sorbet.
4. Mövenpick at Sechseläutenplatz I'm not spilling a secret, I know. But I cannot deny that Mövenpick ice cream tastes great and used to be the ultimate sweet treat money could buy a child. It's a tad more expensive than its competitors. But a few times per summer (maybe even daily) you deserve to treat yourself.
5. Vegelateria There is also something cold for the vegans. At Sacred at Müllerstrasse you find a large selection of vegan ice cream creations (without cream).
6. Piazza Gelateria am Idaplatz Directly at Idaplatz, Piazza offers a changing range of flavours all summer long. There you can probably get about 5 rounds of ice cream, while your friends stand in line at Gelateria Di Berna just a few meters down the road.
7. Hasta Ice Cream at Niederdorf ***NEW IN TOWN*** I heard it through the grapevine that a new ice cream parlour is taking over Niederdorf. Please visit it and tell me here in the comments how it was.
8. Miss Marshall at El Central El Central's kitchen window doesn't just hand out fiery tacos but also refreshing ice cream including vegan options.
So the schools are open again, the city is busier and back to normal. So now’s the time to get out of town again. One of the great things about the end of the summer holiday season is that traffic at the Gotthard tunnel eases and
2. Tips: How to find your dream flat
You didn't manage to get your dream flat? Don't worry, ask Ron. I'm sure these tips will help you to secure a flat of your dreams.
1. How to deal with the agency
Most flats are rented out through an agency. Some are very
3. 39 Steps To Shanghai
When a friend offered to take me out to Bund 39 for a meal a very familiar image of Chinese cuisine entered my mind. Okay, I have had some very nice Chinese meals, especially recently but long experience kicked in and in my mind i was
1. Pictures around the world
Show me your favorite pictures from the world, do not forget to mark them on the map!
2. Algarve - Naturschutzgebiet Ria Formosa
3. Nature Photography
Images far from urban life
1. Sweet Potato and Spinach Frittata, dairy free
Sweet Potato and Spinach Frittata (makes 1 Frittata, prepared in my enamel plate from YIV ) - 2 table spoons olive oil - 1/2 onion - 1 larger sweet potato - 2 carrots - 1 handfull spinach - 1/2 cup plant based milk - 4 eggs - 1-2
1. Bagel-Factory Zürich
Buckhauserstrasse 35, 8048 Zürich
2. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
3. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky
Hello Ronorp. I'm a hobby Ableton producer, pioneering in the genres of house, hip-hop, garage, trip-hop, etc. I've made some sketches already and I'm looking for people who have lyrics and can sing or rap or like to contribute either electronically or by playing an instrument. You can check out my stuff at
Get in touch in case you would like to make music together!