For a long time, Zurich resembled a desert when it came to ice cream. And at once Gelaterias pop up everywhere. To keep cool, here you find my 10 favourite ice cream parlours in town. Happy summertime!
1. Gelateria di Berna The people from Bern know how to play football and the also know about ice cream. The Gelati from Gelateria di Berna is so good, that locals queue for 45 minutes to taste it. Good taste, good price, good crowd.
The ice cream stall at the lake of Zurich is an institution. Since twenty years it appears whenever the sun is out and brings a smile to kids and grownups alike.
3. Gelati at Tellhof The great ice cream from the lake found a permanent home at Tellhof last summer. Whether rain or snow, Monday or Sunday you have access to it all the time now.
4. Rosso Arancio at Stauffacher The latest offspring of the Gelateria family already left an impression in the neighbourhood (and on my hips). I think their pistachio should be forbidden...
5. Hasta Ice Cream at Niederdorf For 15 years, Hasta Ice Cream made the Valais happy. Since last summer, Zurich too. My favourite: Black Sesame.
6. Sorbetto If you prefer your ice cream to be light and fruity then the parlour Sorbetto at Wipkingen will make you happy. Next to regular ice cream they offer 15 kinds of sorbets.
7. Vegelateria Good news for vegans: Sacred at Müllerstrasse also offers a large range of vegan ice cream creations.
8. Piazza Gelateria at Idaplatz Just a few steps off the long queue of Gelateria die Berna lies Piazza offering a changing range of wonderful ice cream directly at Idaplatz.
9. Dieci Gelateria at Niederdorf You might know Dieci from their pizza but they also make wonderful ice cream. And i share with you an open secret: Their range consists if much more than just «dieci» flavours.
10. Mövenpick at Sechseläutenplatz Not a secret but hey i cannot deny it. Mövenpick was the first fancy brand in Switzerland and even though it's not Swiss anymore, nothing brings back memories of happy carefree summers like a lick of walnut maple.
11. And of course... Did i forget one? Tell me in the comments below....
«El Museo!» Don’t speak Spanish? Don’t worry, i can help. It means “The Museum,” and this is appropriate as this pop up Argentine Barbecue is taking place in, you guessed it, a museum. And one of
2. No platform offers more than Crowdify
Do you have an exciting idea or project up your sleeve and are planning a crowdfunding project for it?
Then Crowdify (formerly 100-days.net) is the right platform for you. No other platform offers the combination of having such a wide
3. Tips: How to find your dream flat
You didn't manage to get your dream flat? Don't worry, ask Ron. I'm sure these tips will help you to secure a flat of your dreams.
1. How to deal with the agency
Most flats are rented out through an agency. Some are very
1. Pictures around the world
Show me your favorite pictures from the world, do not forget to mark them on the map!
2. Urban Signs Photo Trip
Take part in Ron's Urban Signs Photo trip. If you come across any unusual signs, shop windows, adverts or street art in your world travels, take a picture and upload it to the website. Limit yourself to your very best shots from where
3. Nature Photography
Images far from urban life
1. The best terraces in Zurich: Our Top 6
“Summer is the time when it's too hot to do the job that it was too cold to do last winter.” - Mark Twain
Summer may be coming to an end, but the weather's still good enough to enjoy! During this time of the year you
1. Bagel-Factory Zürich
Buckhauserstrasse 35, 8048 Zürich
2. Casa nostrana
Albisstrasse 25, 8038 Zürich
3. Lucky Dumpling: Authentic Chinese
6 years ago we welcomed 'Dini Mueter' to the Langstrasse. This summer, the bar and restaurant underwent a refurbishment and just reopened its doors with a new concept and a new name. Well, actually the new name is also the concept: Lucky
If anyone has found a red leather Montblanc computer bag/briefcase on the IR 36 train from Brugg to Basel between 18:00 and 19:00 on Friday December 7, PLEASE contact me at 076 609 7037.
dark green notebook
other papers, books, and notebooks